6 févr. 2010

The murder Act /// English


Can you introduce yourselves?

TMA: We are The Murder Act. Four Londoners, two boys and two girls.

Why did you choose the name 'Murder act'?

TMA: The name was originally, "Murder and the Murder Act" which is from the song Deanna by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. We shortened it because we got fed up with saying the whole name. Too long!

What are your influences? (in music, art, literature...)
TMA: I love noise, repetition and interesting sounds. 60's garage, psychedelia, surf, krautrock. Actually, I recently realised that all my favourite bands were either from Germany, or had at least lived there for a while, perhaps Germany could be considered an influence. I wouldn't say art and literature influences the music.

Can you describe your music in 4words?

TMA: Sex Death Obsession Noise.

Are you more Psychedelic or electric?

TMA: Electric, with a dash of psychedelic.

Why should we listen to your music?

TMA:You should listen to our music to find out if you like it. How will you know otherwise?

Do you think the New London Scene still exists? If yes, do think you are a part of it?

TMA: London is very fragmented these days. It has changed a lot over the past couple of years. I am not sure if it's a good or bad thing. It makes it harder to get a crowd together. If the scene did still exist in the same way I wouldn't want to be a part of it. When I first moved here I thought it was great, but I soon got sick of it. A lot of bands got attention that probably didn't deserve it, but it also helped bands get noticed when perhaps they would not have otherwise. I guess you have to take the bad with the good.

What can you say in French?

Kristina: Unfortunately I know no french except bonjour. I did study it for a year when I was ten, so I should no more. Then again, I studied German for five years and I can hardly speak any of that.

Aucun commentaire: